Chalfest 2018...more information coming soon
Chalfest's Got Talent
'We held our CGT auditions on July 8th with the five group winners getting to perform on the main stage at Chalets. Pictured below are one of the group winners, Pawnee. Ben Burwell, our overall winner can be seen here https://vimeo.com/227979989 We will be doing the same in 2018 so start practising folks'
We believe in bringing our community together, Chalfest aims to promote a real sense of community identity in the areas of Chalford and Eastcombe through this fun and exciting event. Our aims are four fold
- To have all of the individual community groups working as one to both plan and implement the event. This way there really is ‘something for everyone’
- To promote the community groups to allow them to grow in public awareness, membership, support and financially. This is achieved by giving all community groups a free pitch at Chalfest from which they will keep all of their proceeds
- To teach skills and compliment studies for people of all ages. Be it students of media studies helping with our social media information or school pupils working with local tradespeople to create the decor
- To create a superb, fun and exciting event that we can all enjoy and be truly proud of
We hope that Chalfest has something for everyone.
- Main stage – Our entertainment and music stage. We have the Chalford Brass Band, Fun Lovin’ Criminals, Toploader, Dick and Dom, two awesome local bands, Chalfest’s Got Talent Winners. The word eclectic springs to mind
- Other Stage - curated by The Prince Albert – A chance to see some of the more up and coming bands from the local area and further afield.
- Bar Stage – Every band a local. From covers to country, jazz to blues. We are a talented local bunch
- Bars -We have a traditional bar, two cans bars and a Pimms tent. If you look under 25 you will be asked for ID. Please don’t be offended, we want to do this event again and again.
- Kids Entertainment area – Singing, dancing, dance classes for all, Silly Science and Circus Skills performances and free workshops, all topped off with a Silent Disco curated by local teens.
- Kids Arts and Crafts – A great interactive area of fun and games, arts and crafts organised and run by The PlayRangers
- Baby and Toddler Welfare (Run by the Gloucestershire Doulas) – A quieter space where you can come and breastfeed in private if you wish (you can of course breastfeed anywhere at the festival), change a nappy or just chill to a few stories
- Village Fete Games – a selection of village fete table top games to amuse, flummox and enjoy
- Village Green – an area outside the Village Fete marquee where traditional and not so traditional performances will unfold
- Tea and Cake tent – It wouldn’t be an event without tea and cake and we have it in a’bun’dance. Sorry!
- Arts and Craft tent sponsored by Victoria Works of Chalford. A chance for local artists and creators to showcase their wares and a chance to for us to purchase said arty crafty paraphernalia
- Food Market – Funky Falafel, Velo’s wood fired pizzas, Nomnom Cupcakery and coffee, Ali’s Burgers and Hotdogs, Hobbs Bakery toasties, Pit Smoked BBQ, Bison Kitchen Mac ‘n’ Cheese, popcorn, candy floss, sweets, Winstones Ice Cream and smoothies you make yourself by peddling a bike
- Inflatables area for children of all ages, scavenger hunt, limited edition merchandise, bucking bronco, charitable stalls, face and glitter painting, henna tattoos and much more to follow
Announcement soon regarding tickets for 2018.
If you live outside the area you can buy tickets from here
THERE IS NO PARKING NEXT TO THE EVENT SO YOU WILL NEED TO EITHER PURCHASE A RETURN BUS TICKET FROM STROUD OR USE OUR PARK AND RIDE FACILITY. YOU CAN BUY TICKETS FOR THIS THROUGH THE SAME LINK ABOVE.
DO NOT TURN UP WITHOUT A TICKET. THIS IS A SECURITY MANAGED, FENCED EVENT AND WE ARE NOT SELLING TICKETS AT THE GATE.
THERE IS NO PARKING NEAR THE EVENT EXCEPT FOR DISABLED PARKING.
Please see our Travel section for all the travel and parking information.
This is a not for profit community event so we welcome offers of sponsorship. If you would like to support this fantastic event in any capacity please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details
2017 Line up
The Chalfest organisers are committed to keeping traffic in the area to a minimum and in 2017 organised shuttle buses, car parks and disabled parking. See below for the setup for 2017 and expect something similar for future events
We have 2 car parks for the park and ride. These will be well signposted leading to the event and are outlined on the map attached. The first site is at Thomas Keble School, GL6 7DY with the second being the field next to the Eastcombe Scout Hut which is just around the corner. Please head to Thomas Keble first where Chalfest helpers will check your park and ride tickets and show you where to park
The car parks are open from 10.15am with the first shuttle buses running from 10.45 from Thomas Keble School. The buses will run until midday
The shuttle bus back will leave the site at 9.45pm. If you have not yet purchased your park and ride ticket you can do so here
Bus from stroud
If you have booked the shuttle bus from Stroud you need to be at Bus Stop N. Postcode is GL5 1QA
This is on the A46 just outside Cineworld. We will have a Chalfest helper there checking your tickets so please have them ready. The bus times are as follows
First bus - 10.20am, Second bus - 10.35am, Last bus - 10.50am
If you want to catch a later bus to the event, the normal 64 bus runs from Stroud. You will need to pay for this. Please click here for the timetable. You can do this and get the shuttle bus back as long as you have bought the shuttle bus ticket here
Please email us at email@example.com if you wish to use the disabled car park as spaces are limited at the moment. We aim to have extra space nearby on the day but would like to send you email confirmation that you can show to the stewards